Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Class 5-316 Memoir

Outside I show boredom, but inside I’m at peace.
I’m a true Puerto Rican girl.
Whenever I see my cat it is like a jolt of energy hits my heart and drains out all of the bad.
Amelie just kept on giggling and smiling.
No book, truly, can hold all the happy memories my hamster brought to me.
My friend and I shared a secret smile.
My heart beats with every memory of my family.
The times I had no friend, loneliness spread through my body.
That cute puppy is not real, and he never was, but that is good enough for me.
When I think of my grandma, I feel empty inside and my heart breaks in half.
And when I draw something he tells me that it’s ugly and he says, “I’m better at drawing than you.”
Mom is a person that I will always keep in my heart.
I love my family but…?
I’m going to get a bird and nothing is going to stop me.
I am thankful to have a family that cares about me.
My sister and I are best friends.
Only five minutes later I regret what I said to my mom.
When I hear people using the word “cool,” my smile turns into a disappointment.
I will always say, “When you leave, I die inside,” and I hope they don’t forget that.
Every time I see my family I get a warm feeling in my heart.
My mom is beautiful inside and out.
When you see somebody else smile because of you, it makes you feel great.

3 comments:

Megan Kimball said...

5-316-- I love these! Amazing writing.

KZ said...

Thanks Megan! :)

Tiffany Navarro said...

Who wrote this? It's great.